Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Updates

So many things have been going on lately, its been hard to get my blog going. First and most important- I am quitting smoking! Yay! I've been smoking since I was 22 and am now almost 30. I went to my doctor a month ago and got Chantix, which is a drug that blocks the nicotine receptors in your brain. Basically, you learn to associate smoking with no dopamine release or "high." Its been great so far- I started out smoking a pack a day and am now down to about five cigarettes a day. I highly recommend this drug to anyone trying to quit smoking.
I have been attending spin class 3-4 nights a week. Its a great class. I feel like it balances out my climbing with aerobics. I think it will help with the stress of quitting smoking and help to combat weight gain also.
I got a new pair of old shoes from a wonderful lady on rockclimbing.com! I love them so much. They were actually my first pair of climbing shoes ever, not to mention my favorite. Unfortunately, they got stolen from me, so it has been really nice to get this replacement pair, since they aren't made anymore.

The 5.10 Rock Sock:

And last of all, I have a trip to the New River Gorge and Red River Gorge planned on my birthday, in the spring. I am really excited for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment